To perform a series of rhythmic and highly technical patterned bodily movements usually performed to music using grace and precision.
1. The solo performance must not exceed five (5) minutes. (Contestants not adhering to the maximum time requirement are subject to point deduction and/or disqualification.)
2. Costumes are optional, but should be appropriate to the choreography performed.
3. The theme and/or type of the performance must be identified to the judges prior to the presentation. Types include:
Neo-classical Ballet, or
4. The piece must be performed in ballet slippers/flats, or pointe/demi pointe shoes. Bare feet are acceptable only for Contemporary Ballet.
Contestants Will Be Judged By The Following Criteria:
• Technical Proficiency/Skill (25 pts)
• Clarity and Consistency in Style (25 pts)
• Phrasing/Dynamics/Musicality (25 pts)
• Clarity of Intent/Interpretation of Choreography (25 pts)