1. The solo performance must not exceed five (5) minutes. (Contestants not adhering to the maximum time requirement are subject to point deduction and/or disqualification.)
2. Costumes are optional, but should be appropriate to the choreography performed.
3. The theme and/or type of the performance must be identified to the judges prior to the presentation. Types include:
Neo-classical Ballet, or
4. The piece must be performed in ballet slippers/flats, or pointe/demi pointe shoes. Bare feet are acceptable only for Contemporary Ballet.
Contestants Will Be Judged By The Following Criteria:
• Technical Proficiency/Skill (25 pts)
• Clarity and Consistency in Style (25 pts)
• Phrasing/Dynamics/Musicality (25 pts)
• Clarity of Intent/Interpretation of Choreography (25 pts)