1. The solo performance must not exceed five (5) minutes. (Contestants not adhering to the maximum time requirement are subject to point deduction and/or disqualification.)
2. Costumes are optional, but should be appropriate to the choreography performed.
3. The theme of the performance must be identified to the judges prior to the presentation.
4. Each performance must derive from:
Horton, or Limon, or
other modern techniques.
Contestants Will Be Judged By The Following Criteria:
• Technical Proficiency/Skill (25 pts)
• Clarity and Consistency in Style (25 pts)
• Phrasing/Dynamics/Musicality (25 pts)
• Clarity of Intent/Interpretation of Choreography (25 pts)